We got a new domain just yesterday from bigrock.com.When I chat with their customer care executive about then he tells me about set up a custom domain for blogger.In blogger it is quiet easy but adding the reports to the DNS page is quiet hard.Here I will explain all these steps so that you can set up your own custom domain to your blog.Here are three steps to set up a custom domain for your blog.
- Adding 4 A Records
- Adding The CNAME Record.
- Final Easy Work.
1.Adding Four A Records
- Login to your account.
- After logged in search for Domain Management.
- Under Domain Management select LIST ALL DOMAINS.
- Now select a domain name which you want.
- Find for DNS Management select Manage DNS.
- Now choose ADD A RECORD.
- Now you will see three blank field.Now careful.
A) Host Field - You can leave it blank or if you want a domain like blog.yourdomain.com then type blog in Host Field.
B) Destination IPv4 Address Field - In this field fill the below number ( 126.96.36.199 )
C) TTL Field - It will already filled by the number like 28800.
(Do the same for 4 times means again Add A Record again type the number and save it do the same for same time)
Now you have successfully added four A Records....
2.Adding The CNAME Record
- Now in same window find CNAME Records.
- Click On it and choose ADD CNAME RECORD.
Now again you will see three fields....
A ) Host Field - Fill ( www ) in host field. (See Image Below)
B) Value Field - In value field choose fully blank field (in most second field) Fill ( ghs.google.com ) in value field. (See Image Below)
C) TTL Field - It will already filled by the number like 38400. (See Image Below)
Finally click on Add Records.
Now you have successfully added the CNAME Record.
3.Some Very Easy Work :)
- Now open Blogger Dashboard in new tab.
- Go to settings > Publishing > Switch To Custom Domain.
- Now Switch To Advanced Seetings.
- Enter Your new domain (should start with www and end with .com,.org,.net etc....)
Finally save your settings.Enjoy with your new domain.
If this works for you then don't forgot to comment your new URL here.