Before some day ago I have started to posting about SEO tricks and tips.In this post we will learn some basic tips on how to get Google sitelinks for your blog ? First of all we will learn What are Google Sitelinks ?
What are google sitelinks?In Googels Words - The links shown below some of Google's search results, called sitelinks, are meant to help users navigate your site. Google systems analyze the link structure of your site to find shortcuts that will save users time and allow them to quickly find the information they're looking for.
Google only show sitelinks for results when they think they'll be useful to the user. If the structure of your site doesn't allow their algorithms to find good sitelinks, or they don't think that the sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, they won't show them.
Now we have discussed in brief about Google Sitelinks.Now lets see how to get Google Sitelinks for your blog?
How To Get Google Sitelinks For Your Blog?
Here I am giving some useful tips.I hope these tips will surely help you to get Google Sitelinks for your blog as soon as possible.
1. Submit Blog URL : The first step is submitting your blog URL to popular search engines such as Google,Bing etc. You can manually submit your blog to Google and Bing Or you can use some free services to submit your blog.
- Click here to submit your to Google manually
- Click Click here to submit your to Bing. manually
- Click here if you want to use addme.com's free service
2. Use Google Webmasters : You must use Google Webmasters Tools.It will surely help you to improve your blog performance.It will also help you to reduce errors.
3. Sitemaps - A sitemap of your blog should be submitted to Google Webmasters Tools.You can check our full video tutorial on submitting sitemap to Google and Bing.
4. Meta Tags - Make sure you have proper META tags and titles that best fits the post. Although blogger does not support individual meta tags for each post, we can partially achieve it with a little bit of coding.
Some Useful Posts -
Some Useful Posts -
6. Proper Hierarchy And Text Links : Make sure your site has a clear hierarchy and text links. That is, create a site with proper CSS which utilizes the <ul> and <li> tags primarily. Add background images and other styles using the the same. This is one main reason why Thesis Theme has been outstanding when it comes to SEO.
7. Reduce HTML Errors : Google wants your site to be clean and tidy, you should remove all the HTML error tags and codes. You can try W3C HTML Validation Service.
8. Less CSS Errors : Your blog should have less number of CSS errors.You can use W3C CSS Validation Service.
9. Blogspot or WordPress? : Both WordPress and Blogspot platforms are well optimized, but Google mostly prefers Blogspot Blogs over WordPress blogs.
10. Unique Title : Get an unique title for your blog. If you have a unique name, the click through rate for your blog will increase. If you have it common, then no matter what you do, the click through rates will not high. So, make sure your blog has gotta unique title.
11. Avoid Scripts : You should use CSS as possible as,because scripts and images takes more time to load.
12. Useful Content : Provide content that interests the reader. Content is King. So, it's very important that you keep providing content that interests your reader and I suggest you to choose titles that are comment provoking. This will fetch you more comments and improve your blog's reputation, as well.
I hope this information will surely help you to get Google sitelinks as soon as possible.Best of luck...
*If you have more tips then mention them in comments.