Alexa is the leading provider of free, global web metrics.You can search Alexa to discover the most successful sites on the web by keyword, category, or country.Rank is calculated based on the data collected from Alexa Toolbar users over a period of the past three months.Alexa also provides the rank of that website in a specific country.The rank by country is calculated by rough estimate of that websites popularity in a specific country.
More About Alexa Ranking
- Rank is updated daily.
- The rank is created upon the basis of three months of aggregated historical traffic data.
- The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to that specific site.
- The rank by country is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to that website.
How To Improve Your Alexa Rank?
Here are some basic tips to improve your alexa rank.Just follow them carefully,and you will see results in few days.
- Using Alexa Toolbar.
- The first and best way is use Alexa Toolbar. Download the Alexa toolbar and use it every day to visit your own website. Alexa even gives you the ability to co-brand the toolbar with your own logo and give it away.
- By writing own site reviews on top sites.
- Write your own site reviews on the top 100 rated Alexa sites and include your redirect URL. The top 500 domains, according to Alexa can be found at http://www.alexa.com/topsites.When you write a review, be sure to use the redirection URL specifically for your website.
- By Encouraging Your Visitors
- Encourage your website visitors to add their positive testimonials on Alexa's detailed listings page for your website. This can be done by placing a link to the appropriate Alexa page on your website and asking visitors to "Click here to rate this website".